Saturday 9 July 2011

Compare the Hood

I was/still am debating whether to build the model in the style of the 1920's, 30's or 40's, the images below show some of the differences, as my great-grandfather (Arthur Whelan, more on him later) was on board during 1922/23 it makes sence to go for that era.BUT the amount of changes are/will cause me some difficulty from the word go. Partworks tend to not give you an idea of advance build information, so structural changes would be difficult, unless of course I collect all issues before building...and I dont wanna do that.

HMS Hood from the 1920's



HMS Hood from 1931


 HMS Hood from the 1941

With these images you can see quite a difference between years, these pictures are taken from the articles that appeared in a a model magazine back in November/December 1981 by M.W Williams on converting a 1:600 Airfix kit. The last picture is taken from January 1982.

No comments:

Post a Comment